The world’s first bitcoin mining ASIC based on the 16nm process node
Bitmain’s BM1387 chip is built using TSMC’s 16nm FinFET technology and, delivering a record-breaking 0.098 J/GHs, is the world’s most efficient bitcoin mining chip in the consumer market.
Each Antminer S9i employs 189 such chips to deliver more hashrate and efficiency than any bitcoin miner ever made.
S9’s control board uses a Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 series FPGA with a Dual ARM® Cortex®-A9 microprocessor
Bitmain’s engineering team understood the importance of every detail while working to make the world's most power-efficient yet powerful Bitcoin miner. The Antminer S9’s control board employs the fast Dual ARM® Cortex®-A9 microprocessor with CoreSight™ and supports Gigabit Ethernet to ensure that mined blocks are submitted instantly.
A high-grade aluminium case, customized heat-sinks and two computer-controlled fans to keep it cool
The S9 utilizes a combination of conduction and convection cooling to make the world’s most powerful miner perform best without getting hotter than any other terahash bitcoin miner.
Every chip of the S9 is fitted with custom-made heat sinks that are made of a high-grade Aluminium alloy. The case of the S9 is made of the same material. Two computer-controlled high speed fans on both ends of the “tube” ensure that the hot air is rapidly replaced by cooler air at the required pace.
Antminer’s user interface has been carefully designed keeping in mind the needs of our users
After you have accessed the Antminer’s user interface, all you have to do is to enter your wallet address and mining pool settings before you start mining. The user interface also allows you to customize settings and can be upgraded to new releases from Bitmain.
- Hash Rate 14 TH/s. Variation of ±5% is expected
- Power Consumption 1372W (14TH/s batch) (at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp). Expected discrepancy of +10%
- Power Efficiency 0.098 J/GH +10% at the wall (with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
- Rated Voltage 11.60 ~13.00V
- Chip quantity per unit 189x BM1387
- Dimensions 350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)
- Cooling 2x 12038 fans; Front fan: 6000rpm, Rear fan: 4300rpm
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C
- Network Connection Ethernet
- Frequency Automatically set