The Radeon R9 290X, the AMD's new flagship GPU, offers the weapon of choice for gamers who demand the best. It's based on the new 28nm Hawaii GPU architecture and introduces the support for DirectX 11.2, capable of rendering reality-redefining imagery in the hottest titles. With a massive number of stream processors and a gigantic 4GB GDDR5 memory, this GPU delivers the performance you need for smooth gameplay at extreme settings. The new CrossFire technology allows you to build a multiple graphics card configuration without the use of interconnect bridges. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you will leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies are included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore, and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.
This model boasts an enhanced engine clock of up to 1040MHz (1GHz for standard) for smoother gameplay, and Sapphire’s exclusive Tri-X cooling technology for effective and efficient cooling, even under extreme loads.
- SAPPHIRE Tri-X Cooling Technology Sapphire's exclusive triple-fan design pushes out the heat more efficiently than standard dual fans.
- Built for Crossfire The card features next generation CrossFire support for up to four graphics cards with no interconnect bridge required.
- Mantle There’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of GCN architecture to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality. It’s a game-changing innovation developed by AMD.
- AMD TrueAudio Technology AMD TrueAudio technology brings the world’s first programmable audio pipeline marking a new frontier in realism for PC gamers. AMD TrueAudio technology empowers game developers with a programmable audio pipeline on the GPU, inviting them to put their unique artistic fingerprint on in-game audio in the same way that the programmable graphics pipeline brought unfettered artistic vision to PC graphics. Enabled games can feature more realistic environmental dynamics, a richer tapestry of sound effects, breathtaking directional audio, and more. AMD TrueAudio technology enhances audio realism by simulating the human brain’s perception of real-world sound, working in concert with the user’s existing audio hardware to recreate a lifelike experience (on supported games).
- AMD PowerTune Technology AMD PowerTune is a breakthrough technology that sets an entirely new direction for maximum performance at TDP. It allows the GPU to be designed with higher engine clock speeds which can be applied on the broad set of applications that have thermal headroom.
- AMD Stream Technology Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Stream technology and do more with your PC. AMD Stream Technology allows you to use the teraflops of compute power locked up in your graphics processor on tasks other than traditional graphics, such as video encoding, at which the graphics processor is many, many times faster than using the CPU alone.
*THESE UNITS ARE REBURFISHED